Die Draadwerf specialises in the design, planning, and supply of Feedlots
The construction of a new feedlot or the expansion of an existing feedlot requires adequate planning.
The design objectives for a feedlot production pen are to:
- Provide an environment for cattle where production performance and animal welfare are maximised.
- Promote safe access for cattle to and from the pen.
- Minimise environmental impacts, such as odour and dust.
- Promote drainage to provide a comfortable environment for cattle and minimise the environmental impact.
- Optimise the management and removal of manure from the pens.
- Minimise ongoing maintenance costs.
- Provide a safe working environment for pen riders and other feedlot personnel.
The goals of planning cattle feedlots are to:
- Minimize animal and worker stress during handling,
- Feed cattle in an adequate and efficient manner,
- Provide well-drained cattle space,
- Maintain efficiency and profitability of feeding operations, and
- Protect the surrounding environment.