Die Draadwerf FeedLots
The design objectives for a feedlot production pen are to:
- • Provide an environment for cattle where production performance and animal welfare are maximised
- • Promote safe access for cattle to and from the pen
- • Minimise environmental impacts such as odour and dust
- • Promote drainage to provide a comfortable environment for cattle and minimise environmental impact
- • Optimise the management and removal of manure from the pens
- • Minimise ongoing maintenance costs
- • Provide a safe working environment for pen riders and other feedlot personnel.
Construction of a new feedlot or expansion of an existing feedlot requires adequate planning.
The goals of planning cattle feedlots are to:
- • Minimize animal and worker stress during handling,
- • Feed cattle in an adequate and efficient manner,
- • Provide well drained cattle space,
- • Maintain efficiency and profitability of feeding operations, and
- • Protect the surrounding environment.
Contact Us Today